To help you choose how to you’d like to celebrate your child’s birthday during covid I’ve provided various options below. Firstly though my covid restrictions.
Birthday celebration options during covid
From the party enquiries I’ve received it seems that mums are wanting to either stick to a small party or come with either siblings or one or two close friends. I’ve summarised the options based on numbers below – hope it helps.
Up to 8 children
Up to 6 children
Luxury or Deluxe party
All in/ Deluxe experience/encounter
Pony experience/Unicorn Encounter
Covid Restrictions (at at Sept 2020)
Whilst we are in an outdoor space, the children (and adults) use the marquee for art/craft and party tea and I’ve had to assess how many children (and adults) I can safely squeeze in.
I can happily get 8 children socially distanced in the marquee. I don’t believe I can get 8 children AND their parents in the marquee socially distanced. I am pondering solutions for this.
To protect me, my family and my livelihood I’m insisting that children wear a mask just whilst they ride as they’re in quite close proximity to me whilst riding. I appreciate that this can be a challenge for the under 4’s AND that some people/children have an exemption. I’m not a big organisation that can use other staff to continue if someone catches covid – if I get it I can’t work-potentially for months – so I’m afraid no mask, no riding.
Again, to protect me, my family and our livelihoods I am not accepting bookings from local lockdown areas – sorry.
- No bookings from local lockdown areas
- Maximum children permitted at an event 8
- I would prefer children to enjoy their party tea off-site if possible. If you desperately want to have party tea here only 2 adults will be permitted in the marquee (plus myself), all need to wear masks. Any remaining parents will need to remain outside the marquee.
- All children and their parent to wear a mask whilst the child is riding (you need to bring your own)
- Max 1 adult per child, 2 for the birthday girl/boy